Friday, April 17, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Sherrie over at Boogers, Screams, Headaches & Dreams (I just love that blog name!) posted this and I thought it would be fun to play along...
8 things I'm looking forward to...
1. My younger sister's wedding next week.
2. Real spring weather (like today, it's just gorgeous outside!).
3. The weekend - I live for my weekends... Weekdays are just a mishmash of chores with 8.5 hours of work at the beginning to mess everything up, lol.
4. BLS Bash in Grand Rapids on May 9
5. Our second wedding anniversary - hopefully we'll celebrate with a trip this year!
6. Trying for baby #2 ;)
7. Finishing my current college class and starting the next one.
8. Our next family gathering since Easter was so awesome!
8 things I did yesterday (in random order)...
2. Visited with some friends
3. Picked my cat Rambo up from the vet after he was neutered (poor little guy!)
4. Watched South Park with my hubby.
5. Worked on #6 above, ha!
6. Checked on my mom - she's battling a flair up of her rheumotoid arthritis and has a pulled hamstring to boot.
7. Wished my Mom & Dad a Happy 31st Un-Anniversary
8. Talked to my son about the importance of being a kind and compassionate person.
8 things I wish I could do...
1. Win the lottery!
2. Fast forward my education so I can finish my degree and move on!
3. Buy our home... it will happen, I'm just not a very patient person!
4. Take our family to Disney.
5. End my work day early and get outside to enjoy the sunshine!
6. Lose weight - I've been battling it for ten years now :(
7. Move my entire family to someplace where it's warm and sunny all year long.
8. Take a trip around the world.
8 shows I watch...
1. The Biggest Loser
3. E.R. (sniff, sniff)
4. The Sarah Connor Chronicles
5. Jon & Kate Plus 8
6. Chelsea Lately
7. American Idol
8. The Mole (Bring it back!)
8 people I tag...
8. Yep, you guessed it - YOU!
If you do decide to post, be sure to comment below and let me know so I can check it out!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
I know I'm a few days behind the mark on this post, but I wanted to share our Easter celebration with all of you. My mom and sister helped me with last-minute things in the kitchen (and another round of deviled eggs after my first batch got ate up within the first ten minutes).
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Now that my parents and siblings all live within about five blocks of each other, holidays are so much more convenient! Our first holiday in our new (to us) home is coming up this weekend and we're hosting an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids followed by a traditional Easter dinner with our family.
My sister and I went shopping last night to get the goodies for the egg hunt. We fill the plastic eggs with candy and coins and I'll be making little goodie bags for the kids to take home with them. I also picked up a kit to make a Bunny House from the same folks that manufacture the Gingerbread House that I fell in love with last year! I'm saving that for Saturday so that my son can help me and then we'll dye our Easter Eggs.
Easter dinner is a bit of tradition for our family. There are certain items that MUST be on the menu according to me, my mom and my sister. Those things include ham with pineapple, roasted sweet potatoes, corn and rolls - everything else is filler. Except this year. This year, my mom has added Polish sausage to the mix and I'm hungry already just thinking about it!
So tonight I'll be heading home after work to start filling all of the plastic eggs and get started on the house cleaning. My hubby is supposed to be making sure the yardwork is taken care of and I really hope he comes through for me. The thought of spending Saturday morning raking twigs and other assorted yard debris just doesn't sound like the way I want to spend my weekend :) I also have grocery shopping to do! Luckily, I'm also officially on break from school for a week. The downside to that is that I have a final to prepare for as soon as we start up again!
What are your Easter plans? Do you have any special traditions? Comment and tell me about them!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
WARNING: Not all of the pics in this post are completely PG - just flipping of the big bird, but I wanted to warn ya ahead of time. Another disclaimer: I HATE to have my picture taken. I was not blessed with a photogenic quality, so it's a pretty big step for me to post any pics of myself, especially these ones... And now, on to the post!
Then we lined up for my picture with the band and I got a BLS manwich... yummy stuff, for sure!
I have to say, there was more than one occassion when I felt truly touched by this band. At the meet and greet, a set of parents brought a little boy that idolized Zakk. He had drawn a picture for Zakk, framed it, and gave it to him as a gift. No autographs were given during the meet and greet, except for this one:
BLS fans are a breed all their own. The band itself is still pretty underground, and we like it that way. We feel like family and that's because we are. We met a lot of people that share out passion for music and the simple joys in life. We look forward to meeting more of our BLS family along the way and are grateful for the new relationships we've formed. We had such a great time that we've decided to make a trip to Grand Rapids to meet the guys again in May. This time we'll get to see the ninja, JD, perform with his own band (Cycle of Pain) too! Mission: Bleeding Ears 2, anyone? SDMF!