Thursday, January 15, 2009

O Spring, Spring, Wherefore Art Thou, Spring?


This weather... absolutely insane. I awoke this morning to another 10 inches of snow on my car and quickly made the decision that I would be working from home today. Schools were cancelled for today at 6:00 last night! The snow has stopped for the moment, but now all the news anchors can talk about (besides the Spiderman saves Obama comic book) are the arctic temperatures heading our way. Evidently, it's already 20 degrees warmer in Antartica right now (what the hell?!) and we're supposed to get wind chill temps of -35! So yeah, I'm pretty much done with all this winter crap, and insanely jealous of my friends who were smart enough to move to Arizona (Suck it, Love ya, Robin!)

On a personal note, maybe 2009 really won't suck as bad as 2008 did! My husband just accepted a new job that he starts next week and we've made the decision to move back to my hometown, which puts me closer to my family and work (and into a real house, with a real yard!!!)! I'll be packing over the next six weeks and hoping for unseasonably warm temps during the first week of March for our move!

For all of you suffering through the winter with me, think Spring - maybe if we all do it enough, we can will the weather to change!

Photobucket

No comments: