Monday, February 2, 2009

Mamalicious Monday

Heather at The Gift Closet is hosting Mamalicious Monday, an opportunity for us moms to post advice, hints, recipes, or anything else Mom-related.

In the spirit of Mamalicious Monday, here is one of my favorite recipes for a quick dessert, sure to please your guests without keeping you in the kitchen for hours, and its name is pretty attractive, too! I originally found this recipe in Kraft Food magazine and have made it many times over - it's one of the most requested desserts for family parties now!

Angel Lush Cake

You'll Need:

- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained

- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding & Pie Filling

- 1 cup COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping

- 1 (10 ounce) package angel food cake

- 10 strawberries


Directions:

1. Mix pineapple with its juice and the dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping.

2. Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom cake layer, cut-side up, on serving plate; top with 1-1/3 cups of the pudding mixture. Cover with middle cake layer and an additional 1 cup of the remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining cake layer; spread top of dessert with the remaining pudding mixture.

3. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Top with strawberries just before serving. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.


Yum!


4 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my! that looks so good!!! I can't imagine I could EVER get it to look like that....but I may have to attempt it!!!

Colleen said...

ok I needed that last week for my bday...that sounds delicious!

cookiert said...

Oh yum! I love those Kraft Food magazines. So many quick and yummy ideas...many involving pudding. :)

Kristin said...

I am going to have to try this recipe! It looks so impressive but seems so simple!