Heather at The Gift Closet is hosting Mamalicious Monday, an opportunity for us moms to post advice, hints, recipes, or anything else Mom-related.
In the spirit of Mamalicious Monday, here is one of my favorite recipes for a quick dessert, sure to please your guests without keeping you in the kitchen for hours, and its name is pretty attractive, too! I originally found this recipe in Kraft Food magazine and have made it many times over - it's one of the most requested desserts for family parties now!
Angel Lush Cake
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 cup COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping
- 1 (10 ounce) package angel food cake
- 10 strawberries
1. Mix pineapple with its juice and the dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping.
2. Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom cake layer, cut-side up, on serving plate; top with 1-1/3 cups of the pudding mixture. Cover with middle cake layer and an additional 1 cup of the remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining cake layer; spread top of dessert with the remaining pudding mixture.
3. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Top with strawberries just before serving. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.