Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII

In years past, Super Bowl Sunday has meant something to me. In the 90's, I was able to root for my Dallas Cowboys on more than a few occasions. Just a couple of years ago, I was able to root against the Chicago Bears and got the extra bonus of rooting for the Indianapolis Colts at the same time (much to the chagrin of my younger sister and her husband). This year, I really couldn't care less who wins, but I'm looking forward to watching the game with family and friends all the same. There will be food, there will be screaming, there will be laughter, and there will be men in tight pants bending over and showing their cute tushes all day. What more could a girl ask for on an otherwise peaceful day?

My almost-10-year-old son informed me that he wants the Cardinals to win, but he has to root for the Steelers. Why? Evidently, he "gambles" with his dad and stepmom. Seriously, they pick winners every week for every game. If they're right, they get a point. His dad already won, but he's vying for second place against his stepmom, who is one point ahead of him. Since she picked the Cards, he had to pick the Steelers. It's a pride thing, since he doesn't want to place last against a "girl" - his best bet now is to tie her for second place. So, in support of my son and his gambling efforts, I guess I'll be rooting for the Steelers today too.

How are you spending Super Bowl Sunday? Will you be watching the game? Who are you rooting for?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

great to meet you!!!

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Well it looks like your son won! I was cheering on the Cardinals but what a great game!

Anonymous said...

I'm from AZ-it was going so well for our precious Cards until the very end when they let their defense down and handed it over to the Steelers! Bummer for us! Oh well...