Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Countdown to Mission: Bleeding Ears

The other day I drafted a pretty good "woe is me" post. I'd been feeling like crap for two weeks - down on my luck and ready for a pity party. I opted not to publish the post and decided to see how I felt this week. So here I am and I do admit that I'm feeling a little bit better. I'm still kinda pissed off at the world, but that's ok. I'll get over it.

So, what are we up to this week you ask? Well, even if you didn't ask, I'm gonna tell ya anyways because I'm pretty stoked about it! We're embarking on Mission: Bleeding Ears...

This week, my husband and I are spending the latter part of the week in Milwaukee. For Christmas, I purchased tickets to the Black Label Bash, headlined by Black Label Society (BLS). For those of you unfamiliar, BLS' front man is none other than Zakk Wylde who has been playing with Ozzy Osbourne for ages. He's a swearing, drinking viking of a man and I'm pretty sure my husband has some sort of man-crush on him. I've seen pics of Zakk in his earlier days and as long as he keeps his facial hair (I really am NOT attracted to baby-faced men, sorry), I'll even admit to my own crush on him.

Anyhoo... we're seeing BLS, Sevendust, Dope & Infinite Staircase at the Rave/Eagles Ballroom on Friday. Still not familiar? If you're not a fan of heavy metal, don't bother... otherwise, google them and tell me what you think. I'm not familiar with Dope & I.S, but this will be my second time seeing Sevendust and I'm pretty excited to see them again! Four bands, small venue - yep, I'm sure Mission: Bleeding Ears will be a succesful one. Hopefully, upon my return I'll have some cool pics to share with ya!

SDMF!

No comments: