Saturday, September 5, 2009

Where Did the Summer Go?!

So, admittedly, I missed most of the summer while I was laid up on my couch with a broken ankle. I just got out for the first time with some real walking - a little bit of hiking with my husband on a disc golf course. He was showing me his masculine prowess with a Frisbee while I was watching every footstep, scared to death of falling over! We actually had a great time and I realized how much I missed getting out and doing things. So much of my life over the past three months consisted of watching television or reading school books that I nearly forgot what the outdoors is like.

I wish I could say that my injury was the worst of the season. Unfortunately, that was not to be the case. After losing my job two weeks before I was slated to return from disability, I'm finally feeling a sense of peace from the whole ordeal. I'm grateful that I don't have to return, though the uncertain job market has put a huge lump in my throat. I'm buckling down and focusing on school, all the while knowing that this is what it will take to get my family on a more comfortable path down the road. I've managed to maintain my 4.0 GPA and am beaming with pride!

We've had triumphs and trials this year. Uncertainty plagues us, but I draw strength in the way we pull it all together. I take pride in our triumphs and learn more about myself through every single struggle. Someone once told me that our lives don't get easier, we just get stronger.

As the summer draws to a close, I can reflect and still smile. In the end, I have what matters most - a husband and son who love me dearly, an immediate and extended family that always has my back, and a few select friends who are always there when I need them. I'll be celebrating the end of the season with most of those people tomorrow, and I can't think of a better way to spend the last weekend of summer...


2 comments:

Julie from JulieChats said...

Congrats on the awesome GPA! I hope you get a chance to enjoy the last of summer!

Have a great week! I'm out leaving comments for all my followers.

Check out my latest scrapbook layout of the week on my blog:

http://juliechats.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

we already goot snowed in!

visiting via MBC followers club! Do follow back!