Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good Riddance, 2008!



That's right, you heard me 2008 - GOOD RIDDANCE! My first introduction to you was with a slightly sprained ankle due to the ice on the sidewalk on the way to my sister's house last New Year's Eve. That's right, I said it was the ice's fault - it had nothing to do with the margaritas I drank that night. 08.08.08 was supposed to be a GREAT day for me - one that I had looked forward to since my 20th birthday. I was turning thirty on this numerically blessed day. Well, let me tell you something 2008, you really let me down. Turning thirty was a turning point of epic proportions. Within weeks of that dreadful day, I lost my closest cousin after a long battle with diabetes. Weeks after that, my great-uncle passed. Fast forward less than 4 weeks, and my husband has a stroke on the way home from work. Suck it, 2008. You were no friend to me. You didn't do me any favors, and I will be glad to see your sorry ass in the history books.

That reminds me. 2009, we've gotta talk. If you even think about pulling the same crap on me that 2008 did, well I've got news for you, buddy... Not happening. I won't let it. After a year like 2008, I think my family and I deserve better! I'm not expecting everything to be sunshine and roses, but you can at least give us better than 2008, right?!

To all of my readers out there, wishing you and yours a safe, healthy, happy, prosperous 2009! If you're venturing out this evening, designate a driver!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow. You definitely deserve a better 2009!

Anonymous said...

Wow...great open letter to 2008! Not a good year!
I hope 2009 treats you better!

Tabitha Blue said...

And wishing you back a safe, healthy and wonderful new year!!! Have a great 2009!!! Hope it's MUCH better!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Jim said...

Hope your 2009 is much better Lis!!